Invited speakers for the workshop CALIPER: Linking Research and Innovation for Gender Equality
Assoc. Prof. Pavel Žufan, Ph.D.
Faculty of Business and Economics, Mendel University in Brno
Since 1995, he works at the Department of Management, Faculty of Business and Economics, Mendel University in Brno. He is an Associate Professor in the field of Industry Economics and Management. In 2003-2009 he was the Chair of the Department of Management, 2006-2014 also as a vice-dean of the faculty. In the period of December 2015 till January 2018, he was a vice-rector of MENDELU for strategy and IT, and from February 2018 he is the dean of the FBE. He is a member of the Strategic Management Society, Academy of Management, and a president of the accreditation agency European Council for Business Education (ecbe.eu). His research is aimed at industry analysis, strategy formulation, and implementation with a specific focus on SMEs, and the food industry.
Title: Linking Research and Innovation for Gender Equality – Gender Equality at Mendel University, Brno, Czechia
Within the recent academic and business practices, a lot of attention is paid to gender equality. Many of the activities in the field, though, are actually aiming at discrimination – even though the positive one. This presentation is aiming on discussing the good practices in the context of quality management systems and indicators that can be potentially used within these systems to assess the reality of gender equality. The good practices include the support of people returning from parental leave, organizational kindergartens, support of teamwork, etc. Potential indicators include analysis of the existence of pay-gap, comparison of the age of achieving professional growth by gender, frequency of travel by gender. These activities and indicators are discussed in the background of the quality management system applied at Mendel University in Brno.
doc. Ing. Milan Edl, Ph.D., FEng.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of West Bohemia
- Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the University of West Bohemia
- 1992–1997 University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, branch Industrial Engineering and Management
- 1997–2004 University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, branch Industrial Engineering and Management, doctoral study
- 2009 University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, branch Mechanical Engineering, habilitation
- 2000–2014 University of West Bohemia Pilsen, researcher and assistant professor
- 2014 – present University of West Bohemia, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Dean
- since 2007 professional lectures at foreign universities in Poland, Serbia, Slovenia, Denmark, Turkey
- member of the Executive Committee of the National Center for Industry 4.0 (since 2019), member of the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Technical University in Košice (since 2019), member of the Control Committee of the National Center for Industry 4.0 – CTU (since 2018), member of the NTC UWB Scientific Board (since 2018), Chairman of the Board of Education of Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Technologies at UWB (since 2018), member of the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering UJEP (since 2017), member of the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Production Technologies in Prešov TUKE (since 2017), member of the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Production Technology and Management UJEP (2015 – 2017), Member of the Scientific Board Řež Nuclear Research Center (since 2015), Member of the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Žilina (since 2014), Chairman of the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen (since 2014), Member of the Scientific Board Jan Perner Faculty of Transport, University of Pardubice (2014 – 2017)
- Visiting Professor, West Pomeranian University of Technology, PL Szcecin, Visiting Professor, University of Zielona Góra, PL Zielona Góra;
Title: Ecosystem as a tool for the development of the region – the Pilsen-type ecosystem
The ecosystem is the driving force of every region and is very important for the development of the social structure, level of education, and standard of living of every society in general. The presented presentation focuses on the ecosystem of the Pilsen Region, which extends beyond the borders of the Czech Republic and shows the cooperation of Bavarian entities. It focuses on the description of effective cooperation of all elements of the ecosystem, such as educational institutions of all levels (primary schools, secondary schools, universities), industrial partners, municipalities, regional authorities, chambers of commerce on both sides of the border. In my opinion, gender is about equal opportunities no matter what. It is an important factor that is irreplaceable in any well-functioning ecosystem. The present shows how experienced unshakable paradigms are different. Another trend is the establishment of digital innovation hubs. The Pilsen Region is one of the developed industrial regions of the Czech Republic with a diverse structure of industry and education. Cross-border cooperation is also a strong aspect for development.
doc. Ing. David Tuček, Ph.D.
Faculty of Management and Economics, Tomas Bata University in Zlín
David Tuček is a graduate of Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Technology and a doctoral study program at the Faculty of Entrepreneurship of the same university. Habilitation in 2007 at Tomas Bata University in Zlín in the field of Economics and Business Management.
He is a guarantee a master’s and doctoral study program in Industrial Engineering. He is the author and co-author of more than 30 publications indexed on the Web of Science and the same number of publications indexed in the SCOPUS database. His scientific research activities are focused on Business Process Management and Industrial Engineering. He was a leader of the number of projects for industrial practice, he is a co-author of a utility model and a patent registered at the Industrial Property Office in the field of ergonomics. He is a Dean of the Faculty of Management and Economics at TBU, former vice-rector of TBU.